IWiN Course: Recruiting a Diverse Faculty
- Featured in:
- Increasing Women in Neuroscience
This training module will help you to:
- Learn about effective faculty recruitment practices to increase the pool of women and diverse candidates
- Identify and limit implicit bias in recruitment
- Improve communication and climate for all members of a department
- Develop a supportive network for implementing strategies.
Faculty Training and Bias IWiN Workshop
A workshop on faculty recruitment and bias within neuroscience departments was held as part of SfN’s Department Chair Training to Increase Women in Neuroscience (IWiN) program. View the presentation and readings from the workshop and read the featured article to learn about the changes that workshop attendees implemented within their own institutions:
- Faculty Recruitment for Diversity and Excellence (Pamela Raymond, PhD)
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. (0930184).
Recruiting a Diverse Faculty: Overview
Recruiting a Diverse Faculty: Success Stories
Recruiting a Diverse Faculty: Lessons Learned
Recruiting a Diverse Faculty: Interactive Scenarios